Thursday, February 02, 2006

too bored to think of a title that works

Good grief! Never mind being bored to tears, I am now far beyond the depths of misery and ready to go to tremendous lengths to amuse myself. I can feel my brain slowly turning to mush as cells lie dormant and begin to transform and wither, having gone unused for too long.
How did I end up a '9-5er' when my entire being cringed at the very thought when I was younger? Now on the approach to my 23rd birthday and not far from quarter-life, I seem to be spending more and more time mulling over hours wasted staring at a screen. The mere fact that I even find the word 'wasted' highly appropriate when referring to my work day starts to sound the alarm bells.
Cliché, cliché, life is so short, blah, blah... I annoy myself with such suggestions but they aren't called truisms for nothing.
Is it a lingering case of the winter blues? Do I simply not have enough enthusiasm for the self motivation that a desk job calls for? I just find it ridiculous that I live in a city that offers limitless opportunities to fulfil individual ambition and here I sit accepting my lot in order to pay the bills (and sometimes a treat or two if the taxman doesn't interfere too much).
When will I stop complaining and feel inspired enough to take the plunge into a career that's worth getting out of bed for?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the official birthday date?????????

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home