Friday, January 20, 2006

money, the man and me

I’ve been so good about staying positive this year, but alas, London life has pushed me one step too far again. I am determined to stay undefeated, so in order to remain upbeat, I fear I must vent it in the form of a rant.
I REALLY DISLIKE THE TAXMAN!!!!!
I was vastly over-taxed this month and as a result I’ve been given a phone number to call to reclaim what is RIGHTFULLY MINE! The fact that I can only expect to get my money back at the end of Feb (at the earliest) aside, I have to waste my precious time calling a number that is PERMANENTLY ENGAGED. The best is that it is my employers fault but thanks to ‘the system’ they can guiltlessly pass-the-buck and sit back as I am forced to live off bread and water until next payday (maybe a tad melodramatic).
“We’re so sorry but it is now out of our hands”. I don’t feel the need to elaborate on what I would like to retort to that statement.
Okay, that was great. I do feel a lot better now.
As a former work colleague used to chant relentlessly, I’m going to simply “stick it to the man” and enjoy my weekend. I’ll do my budget on Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, darling, no worries, i'll be living on bread and water for the next year, dad os taking 150 out of my account every week for my car, but it is a hot car, did you get the picture? I have to pay it off in a year, nobody can beleive that is only cost 7000! it is so shiny, and has awesome alloys! I've been driving around so much! Its great.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.
doesnt poverty suck.
B

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home