Thursday, June 23, 2011

electricity is current headache

Is it just me? Can anyone else’s experience in dealing with electricity providers be associated with having teeth pulled out minus anaesthetic? I want to vent. I want to relay every sorry detail of every frustrating telephone conversation I’ve had with ‘customer services’ over the last four months.  
But I won’t. No one else should have to suffer the agony of what I have experienced as the result of one seemingly simple decision: changing energy suppliers. I read those words and I shiver. And I am resolute that it will never happen again. My blood-pressure, stress levels and general health and wellbeing are worth more than a few pennies saved over the course of a lifetime. 
I have made approximately ten phone calls and had conversations with different EON representatives each time. Every newly received letter brings me closer to weeping as I consider that another fruitless call will have to be made, the situation re-explained, only for me to be told something different. Sometimes I’m lucky and I talk to someone friendly; other times I get the guy who simply hates his job. Those are not good days. How is it that we now live in a world where I can be held emotionally ransom by a headset-wearing, compassionless individual whose sole ambition is to ruin my life (or at the very least my day)? I want to scream down the phone, ‘Can you not understand my pain and frustration? Do you have a heart? ARE YOU NOT HUMAN TOO?’ Then I realise I haven’t even been put through to a real person yet; I’m wasting my anxiety on a recorded voice. So later, I sit and I simmer and then I blog. Because that is how we cope in an impersonal, technologically evolved world. And the irony is that I have to keep pursuing this ludicrous situation because I need electricity to keep my laptop alive, which enables me to write rather than combust. 
Maybe I should come to some agreement with the electricity provider whereby they deal with my query and in return they are entitled use some of the energy produced by my rage. But that would mean making another phone call…and I just can’t do it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home