Friday, November 13, 2009

metaphorical friday

Right now I’m supposed to be formulating an answer to explain the problems with a common-sense assumption that language reflects reality. You can see why I would rather be blogging.
Instead, I’m sitting on the couch, contemplating what to have for diner while staring out the window at sheets of London rain (did you even spot the metaphor there? Probably not because this is a Metaphor We Live By). That being said, I’m really loving my studies, despite how my procrastination might not reflect that. At times it feels like my brain might explode, at others I simply lose myself in the narrative of a classic. As I’m sure you can gather, I’m still working on the self-discipline aspect but that will come eventually. Either that or I’m going to do a lot more blogging.
Anyway, I should make an attempt at understanding the social implications of syntax and the systematicity of metaphorical concepts before the day is out.
As a reward for the days efforts I get to enjoy, not only, the satisfaction of knowing that I have grasped something new but also dinner and a movie with my wonderful husband.
Did I mention that I was listening to John Mayer? Fridays are like a mouthful of Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food where you get a bit of the marshmallow and a chocolate fish. Bliss.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home