Wednesday, May 27, 2009

bus ride without a book

I tried unsuccessfully to get technical on the bus this evening by blogging from my mobile. Instead, my phone won the Gadget VS Woman battle and I resorted, shamefully, to using a pen and paper. How awfully archaic.

I love nabbing the front seat on the top deck of the bus. At the bus stop, I’m one of those annoying people who subtly (or not) inch my way to the front of the queue in order to be one of the first to tap my oyster and dash up the stairs to claim my spot. Not exactly playing it smooth and obviously not nearly as cool as sauntering casually towards the back seat of the bus but from the front I get to take it all in. Admittedly, most of the time I just sit and read but I like to have the option to look up once in a while, spot the odd wierdo and decide that people are terribly strange. Frankly after a long day in front of a computer screen my brain isn’t capable of much more (quick note to prove my point: in my notebook I spelt else as “esle”. See, brain dead).

This evening, much to my disappointment, there wasn’t much action out on the streets, hence my blogging to pass the time. Therefore, there is little of interest to report and makes for a pretty boring read…but so was my bus ride! I spied a few rowdy teenagers (halfterm), a vast number of cyclists (annoying fit and healthy people), an ex-work colleague (ooh, we never quite clicked– glad I’m on the bus) and many, many people talking on their mobiles (yeah, but try blogging). Two stops from home I conclude that some days are more exciting than others. And tomorrow I really must remember my book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home