Saturday, March 22, 2008

no choice but to chill

It's Easter weekend and I'm in Trowbridge watching Nigella Lawson whip up an Italian feast on Saturday Morning Kitchen. She makes it look so simple that I've just googled cookery schools in London. Surely that's all it would take to be crowned "The True Domestic Goddess". As it stands, my spag-bol speciality (affectionately know as "Tagg-bol") is made from the finest packet bollognaise mix that Sainsbury's has to offer. Perhaps I'm not quite in the running just yet.

Being outside of London means that I have no choice but to relax. After hours of Top Gear and skit show repeats I decided to do something constructive, so I made a cup of tea. The wind chill factor is -2 and the thought of spending the day indoors, reading my Glamour mag and drinking excessive amounts of tea has far more appeal than unnecessarily facing the world. Ian and his brother have gone off to fetch a couch and being of little use in terms of muscle power I've been left behind to entertain myself. So far I've taken advantage of the alone time by pampering myself and hijacking the laptop to research things like hair products. Being a girl has it's pros.

As Saturday Morning Kitchen comes to an end and I begin to drain my cup of tea I'm contemplating my next activity. Perhaps I'll move to a different chair, change the channel and have a glass of juice, just to mix it up a bit. It's kind of nice being stranded in the country. I know it doesn't make for the most thrilling read but it's great for my stress levels.

Ah, Friends re-runs. That'll do just fine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home