Sunday, March 16, 2008

anyone still here?

You know it's been too long when your own blog doesn't come up in your browser as you begin to type in the address. I'm all too aware that even the most faithful of roxblurb readers have now dwindled and as much as I would like to promise to be more conscientious, I can't. However, when I mentioned to Fox a couple of days ago that I was considering shutting roxblurb down, the horror on his face quickly made me reconsider.
On a positive note, the reason I am no longer able to write as regularly is that I am far too busy during the workday doing a job that I actually care about and enjoy. What a change from the days when I would will the clock on my screen to reach 17:00 so that I could grab my belongings and run! Life is too short and my time too precious to ever waste that much of my life again doing a job that is mundane, demotivating and brain-numbing. After an amazing Worship Central conference yesterday, I'm ignoring my aching muscles and considering how all the hours spent slogging away in our little basement office are so worth it.
It's been really quiet on the travel front. A few exciting trips planned a bit later in the year but for the moment I'm focussing on enduring my third full English winter (not to be confused with a full English breakfast which is far more appealing than grey skies and meagre offerings of rain) without falling into a deeply morbid state of melancholy and climbing under my duvet never to be seen again. I keep opening my top cupboard only to find my picnic set gathering dust. As if I need any further reminders that my skin is practically see-through and if I go any longer without seeing proper sunshine I might really start scaring people. However, apart from the lack of Vitamin-D and my ever increasing loathing of public transport and my constant exhaustion and my empty bank account after London living has sucked it dry, three years down the line, I still enjoy living here. And I’m really going to try and tell you why, more often.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Just to say, I'm still here Rox, and glad you are back :)
Have a lovely Easter weekend hun.
xo
B

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home