Saturday, January 05, 2008

good year ahead

Here I sit, watching the Wedding Singer for the fourth time and trying to distract myself from the mild feeling of guilt that is resultant from this being my first update in *cough* three *cough* months. My face is slightly tinted from the Portuguese sun, I'm searching for ski goggles online and thinking that EBay probably isn't an option for next week. I'm sporting a new hairdo that will last for approximately three days, at which point I'll be forced to accept that my hair will always be Medusa-like. I've just checked work emails on a Saturday, not because I had to but because I genuinely enjoy my work. I'm wearing my comfy ugh-slippers as an act of denial that it's mid-winter and not having the central heating on is bordering on madness.
I prefer to do my reflection a few days after New Year. My resistance towards New Years resolutions is really the extent of my rebelliousness but it is the one time of the year that is just too cliché for me to appreciate. I'm please to conclude, post-reflection, that right now there is little I feel the need to change. I could resolve to increase my exercise but the pressure would just make me feel lazy; I could say that I'm going to spend less money but I live in London; maybe I should go to bed earlier but I've become quite accustomed to hitting snooze until I absolutely must get up in the morning. I'm far more attracted to the idea of eating more chocolate, reading more soppy romance novels, spending more time at home chilling out with my man and seeing more of the world. Now that's a year to look forward to. Oh, and I’m really going to try and write more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home