Wednesday, August 29, 2007

neither here nor there

Now that’s out of my system I guess I should try to lift the tone. So, what’s been happening over the last 3 weeks? I’ve been to Hamburg, Bath, Reading and Edinburgh. Yes, those are a lot of different place in one month. Some may say too many; I’m inclined to agree as my body and mind start to revolt against me in an attempt to tie me to London for just one weekend. I’m off to Malshanger for a pastorate retreat this weekend but then I’m restricting my diary and refusing any entries that require travel to a destination further than Zone 2 (or 3 at a push) for at least a month.
I feel I’m settling into my new job well and am so much happier when I wake up in the morning. None of that, “please let me get sick so that I don’t have to go into work” nonsense. I have moments when I’m sitting at my desk and I get this little bubbly feeling because I really love my job.
We watched some pretty lousy shows at the Edinburgh Fringe festival while there to watch the South Africa VS Scotland rugby (Bokke!). If it wasn’t over-acting or out-of-tune singing it was just pure vulgarity (however humorous). I feel the need to book a show on the West End just to restore my faith in the Arts.
We watched a great South African band last night, Rory Eliot and the Reason. The band was known as Plush until one of the core band members was killed, while trying to cross the road after a gig, by a drunken driver. At an unexplored venue in Putney (how can that be? I thought I’d covered every pub/restaurant in the area!), the Half Moon is intimate and had it not been for the bulky guy beside me grinding offensively through the entire gig, I might have appreciated the cosiness of it all.
I’d say "that’s a wrap" but it probably isn’t, however, it is all I can make of the blur since I last blogged. Thanks to my bloggees who have written to enquire about roxblurb updates. It’s nice to be missed. I’m going to be more efficient (and if I’m not, I’ll just come and delete this line).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home