Wednesday, August 29, 2007

enough

I know it’s been a while since I’ve written. To be honest it has less to do with time than it does with lack of enthusiasm. With too much going on I’ve realised that scattered focus is futile. Too many pies, not enough fingers and you’re left with a lot of waste. But today I was stirred by an excerpt from a book that I read called “Red Letters” by Tom Davis. It starts with an apology by the author, on behalf of the church, for turning a blind eye to the poor and needy. And I got so worked up that I had to vent it.
If I’m completely honest, I’m feeling rather fed up with this world, full of people so concerned by trivial, self-centred issues that real need goes unnoticed. I’m just as much to blame. But I’m tired of it. Times like this leave me feeling so disappointed in humanity. I can only try to imagine how God must feel when he is the one who sees the big picture. If only we took the time to set our eyes on the things that actually meant something. What I do with this minute, of this hour determines how I will spend eternity. Eternity - a concept so vast that my human mind can not begin to comprehend it. But it’s real. And one day I will come face-to-face with this unfathomable concept and what then? What will be stored as treasure and what are the things that I will have to answer for?
I’m usually hesitant to blog anything super-spiritual or “in your face” but today, this is who I am. I’m no longer making excuses for who I have chosen to be and how I have chosen to live my life. This is me. Take it or leave it. Enough is enough.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Tom Davis here author of Red Letters. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts about the book. You can reach me at tdavis@hopechest.org. This is my wife's account! Also, I'll be doing a book tour in the spring in England, maybe we could meet in person. Thanks!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home