Friday, June 29, 2007

what's that smell?

Sad…it’s raining. Happy…it’s sunny. Oh no, sad again…the rains back. Yay!...I see the sun. Wait…it was only momentary.
Seriously! If I wanted a weather roller-coaster I’d go to Thorpe Park. Instead I’ve been subjected to lunch indoors for the last 2 weeks and I’m now suffering from severe cabin fever.
What’s with the weather on our planet? It’s snowing in Cape Town, flooding in the drought stricken regions of Aus and raining incessantly for weeks, mid-summer in UK (oh wait, that’s actually quite normal).
I arrived at work this morning in the foulest of foul moods. I was wet, my trousers were sodden at the ankles and I was feeling miserable due to the lack of Vitamin D. I’m just grumpy and all I ask is for a few consecutive days of summer sun to lift me out of my misery.
That aside, London suffered yet another terror threat today. My main concern (it’s okay, I can be a little flippant as no one was hurt), on sighting pictures, was that the bomb-car was parked right next to a 14 bus stop in Central London - just a bit close to home for a No. 14 regular!
As usual, I’m feeling that special Friday relief start to descend as I begin to envision 2 days of freedom from my office. Judging by the number of FWD emails flying between us, the boredom is undoubtedly mutual. I can smell it – that beautiful aroma that signals freedom – yes, it’s the smell of the weekend!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home