Tuesday, June 26, 2007

just a ramble to pass the time

"I want to break free-e. I want to break free…" Freddie Mercury's crystal voice echoes through my head as I sit and stare blankly at my workstation, bound by the clutches of 9-5 and tormented by the restraints of boredom. Hark, the day cometh when I will have a workload full enough to see me through the day!
For some reason our internet has been unblocked today so I have been able to check my emails and Facebook any time of the day. As chance would have it, no one had Facebook’d me anything. Why, oh why have my cyber friends chosen to go quiet today?! Until…an email arriveth in my inbox, “Jo Nicholson has written on your wall”. Elation! Someone is awake in Facebook land. Jo had noticed the absurdity of my Facebook “online” status, mid-workday.
Despite all my whingeing and I must admit to a twinge of nostalgia this afternoon while speaking to one of my regular suppliers. As I drew the call to a close he ended his side of the conversation as he does, everyday, “Alright then Rox, love. Chat soon.”
I realised how dangerously comforting familiarity can be. It's just not comfortable enough to make me complacent. Never that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home