Tuesday, June 19, 2007

brother too big to avoid

I have a confession. I just need to get it off my chest but, before I do that, let me just establish that my actions were totally unintentional. I found myself in a compromising situation…and I caved.
This morning, while eating my breakfast, I watched last night’s repeat of Big Brother.
For all of you who thought I couldn’t resist all 3 months…well…you were right. The thing is, I had the intention of watching the morning news but when I switched on the TV it was already on Channel4. Before I knew what I was doing I caught myself hanging on every one of Ziggy’s words as he relayed his struggle to BB as to whether the lovely Chanel is perhaps a little too young for him. Then there was the fight between Charlie and another housemate over the hair-straighteners (you go girl – fight for that GHD!).
I would also like to clarify that there is no connection between my watching BB and being late for work this morning. That was due to an early morning run with Fox and my inability to regain full functionality of my legs, post-exercise. Thus, an unavoidable bus trip which landed me in rush-hour traffic. See, nothing to do with the urgency to watch the final 5 mins of the show just to see how all the shenanigans worked out.
My craving is still manageable. But then I think to myself, why fight it? Who needs to know what is happening in the real world when you can eat your brekkie and watch a bunch of people who have created a world that is, frankly, a little less depressing than the news? I guess it just means a decline in commentary regarding current affairs, but then, I’m rarely inclined to subject my bloggees to such dreariness anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home