Friday, June 08, 2007

beauty hidden within

As I dressed for work this morning I decided to wear a top that I’d been saving for a special occasion. As I gave myself a once over in the passage mirror I realised that the top was slightly more elegant than I had originally thought. Just as I was about to rethink my days attire I stopped to assess why I felt it necessary to dress down. Why was I changing my outfit when I felt really good in it? When did femininity become a trait inappropriate for the work day? It seems that, a lot of the time, if we feel too attractive we must be overdressed. I wonder when we started apologizing for our loveliness. I love getting dressed up and feeling pretty; it’s not about being “girly” but a connection with the essence of who I was created to be. We were made to be beautiful. I decided that there was no way that I was going to be apologetic about how I looked and felt today. And I think I’ll wear this top more often.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara Beth Leach said...

Girl, my heart beats with yours! We should be able to feel pretty!!!! You should read my last blog on beauty ;)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home