Monday, June 25, 2007

another day another...pound

We're well into the start of another week and the effort to drag myself out of bed this morning was an indication of my outlook. Work is incredibly tedious. I can usually find something to occupy myself for the morning but afternoons are dreadful as I long for the end of the day to arrive quicker than it ever does. All of a sudden, on hearing of my impending departure, I have been receiving emails of distress (one such email entitled "Oh No!!") from various staff who reason that my presence at work will be sorely missed. Hello, people! Where has the love been for the last 2 years? Human nature is a fascinating thing. Most days we don't even talk in my department. Maybe they will just miss my smell (note to self: don't change perfume).
It has been raining in London for 4 days straight. Who forgot to turn on the summer sun? As a result I spent most of the weekend indoors, under the duvet, playing on my new laptop. Ooh, I love new gadgets. Call me a nerd if you must but, honestly, are you ever too old to enjoy new toys?
Apart from reveling in the novelty of Windows Vista the weekend was a good balance of socializing and down-time. Fox is away again, this week it's to Poland - don't ask me to tell you where, it's pronounced too differently to how it's spelt.
In summary, I guess it's just another week in London Town; minus the sun, but full of bright prospects.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home