Tuesday, May 29, 2007

just some weekend stories

Acknowledging the need to face the rain – necessity being my only motivation to leave the flat this weekend – I pulled on my ugh’s and begrudgingly left to grab a few essentials from the High St and meet Jo and Bron for a quick coffee (before they get offended - this I was happy to do).
While waiting for the bus, a very little lady literally blew alongside me. As she animatedly commented on the foul weather, I listened with amusement as she relayed her weekend’s domestic activities and how she was now forced to leave the house simply to purchase a cake for afternoon tea with her friends. As she spoke, her neat little beret bobbed and her smile was warm enough for me to ignore the cold wind. I couldn’t quite pinpoint her accent – perhaps a hint of cockney in her predominantly Indian enunciation. On alighting the bus, I purposefully sat on a two-seater to continue conversing but, instead, she waved goodbye, bounded to the back of the bus and took her rightful place in the ‘cool kids’ seat. How refreshing our brief encounter had been!
In other news, Mom’s hamster departed for hammy heaven on Friday evening. She lies peacefully alongside 80A’s goldfish, 82B’s budgie and the previous hamsters that passed on. After a distraught text from Mom, it was decided that a blog mention would ease the loss somewhat. Therefore, RIP Sweet Cheeks.
On our way home from Amused Moose comedy club on Saturday night (Happy birthday, Bron!), Fox and I witnessed a cringe-worthy scene that simply could not go un-blogged. A girl, who unintentionally revealed herself to be a musical groupie, sat beside us on the No. 14. She had spotted one of the actors currently in Blood Brothers and proceeded to gush about how great he is and how her friend thinks he is ‘Johnny Depp II”. Fox and I winced and giggled to ourselves as she continued to babble and the awkwardness was enough to engross us for most of the journey. I have such a deep affection for that bus route.
For the next 2 weeks I’ll be trying to pass the time as efficiently as possible while I await Fox’s return from a 3 week stint in Budapest. I feel a tad spare without my “partner in crime” to chuckle at funny people on the bus (among other things).
Anyway, a well balanced weekend to prepare me for a week of possibilities and I’m ready to approach it with a bright attitude to counteract the dull weather…that just refuses to pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home