Sunday, April 01, 2007

a quick read

I remember now why I'm not a fan of library books. With a semi-scattered lifestyle it's particularly difficult to allocate the necessary time needed to complete a book in the allotted 3 weeks. It took me a while (3 weeks to be exact) to get into "This Book Will Save Your Life" by a.m. homes, so I went onto the local library's website to renew my book...only to receive this message "Was unsuccessful due to a reservation already existing by another library borrower".
Is there no justice in the world? Just when I want to know what will become of poor old depressed Richard Novak, whose mansion is about to fall into a sinking hole in his garden, I have to pass the book onto someone else.
I propose a new system whereby all those who know that they are going to take longer than the average "I have nothing better to do with my time" reader (don't mind me, I'm just bitter), get unconditional renewals.
So now I have two choices: a) go and buy the book or b) put my name onto the waiting list behind Mrs I. Readalot and Mr A.M. Abookworm and by the time it gets back to me I'll have to start from the beginning again and thus find myself caught in a vicious cycle.
I'm just sticking to 3-for-2 offers at Borders from now. And to whoever you are out there that reserved my book, maybe you needed it to save your life more than I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home