Friday, March 09, 2007

willing the week(to)end

It’s the end of another week. I’m feeling rather irritable, largely due to the overindulgent amounts of chocolate and caffeine I have consumed this week as a substitute for mental stimulation. I’m not sure how the two are connected but there is justification to be found in there somewhere. I’m almost sure.
Fox is off to Egypt tomorrow *sob* so I have a weekend of girlyness (don’t dispute the word – the laws of English hold no weight on a blog) planned - a lady’s brunch in the city, followed by coffee with Jo and watching Becoming Jane with “the ladies” on Saturday evening. It’s all rather civilised.
But before all of that I have a night-in with my man, enjoying a delicious Waitrose “dinner for two” (I think!), a DVD and reminiscing over pictures from our recent city break. That’s my kind of Friday night.
I was reading this “encouragement” email a bit earlier (please note that the excessive use of “inverted commas” denotes my sarcastic attitude towards the world today – it’s been a long week) and it was saying that we really need to learn to be content with the hand we’re dealt. That’s fair enough. I know I’ve harped on about this for a couple of days now, but seriously, am I to be content with sitting and doing nothing while my life passes me by?? Surely not. I would look back at previous blog posts to check if I was feeling the same way at this time last year but I can’t because my blogsite is blocked!
Anyway, I feel the need to say that I am content. I love my life and I totally appreciate all the blessings but I am so darn bored that even chocolate has lost its endorphinic (again, English, out the window) power over me. Tough times peeps, tough times.
Anyway, it’s almost weekend and I have loads to look forward to so, over the next few hours, I will attempt to lift my mood and leave here feeling unburdened and…I’m trying here okay(?!)…ha…haaa……hhaaaappp……happy. Yes, happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home