Monday, March 12, 2007

the torture of tedium

ANYTHING would be better than sitting here right now! Yes, that’s right, I said anything. People always say, “Really? Anything? What about this?! Or what about that?!” Believe me - ANYTHING! So vast is the extremity of my loathing for this place right now that I am being tormented by the mere expectation that I am to sit here for a further 1hr and 40 minutes and endure the afflictions of tedium. I am going mental - minute by minute, a litter further into a pit of madness until, by 5pm, I will be transformed into a lunatic born of dullness and sameness and monotony and BOREDOM! Earlier I had to ignore a call from a supplier at the risk of losing a well established relationship due to my intolerance. I mean come on, 6 calls about the same blinking issue. “Nothing has changed since the last time you called! Just give me what I asked for…the FIRST time!”
Oh, angels of creativity and excitement, come and rescue me from these chains which hold me to my desk for 7 excruciating hours each day (lunch is a Godsend). Perhaps I’ll drown my sorrows in 100L of water. I mean, it’s free in the canteen and it would mean I’d have to get up from my desk at least 200 times just to fill my water bottle.
See, totally losing it.
I just want to read my book. I want to escape this place, run home as fast as I can, cry until the horrors of such a day have been washed away and then enjoy my book, under my duvet and just disappear from the world for a few hours.
Ha, post-rant I only have 1hr and 30 minutes left to go. So time IS actually moving. Fancy that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home