Saturday, March 17, 2007

just avoiding sleep

As suspected, I was wide awake by 6:30am this morning. My body had decided that it was time to 'rise and shine' so I didn't even bother fighting it. I lay on the couch for a couple of hours and finished my book and then pottered about the flat. I always feel a little lost at the conclusion of a good book - I become so familiar with the characters and then it's just over, so abruptly.
It wasn't as sunny as they had forecast (BBC - do they ever get it right?) so Jo and I took advantage by shutting the blinds, cosying up under duvets and watching Memoirs of a Geisha. If any movie has succeeded to capture the very essence of femininity and true beauty, it is this one. *sigh*
At some stage during the evening we managed to whip up a cheese cake (it's still in the oven - report back to follow). It's so great to be in the company of friends that allow you to just 'be'. After a wonderful evening with Bron and V last night and tonight with Jo, I'm just cherishing the wonderful girlfriends I have in my life.
Fox is back tomorrow. Yay! My London simply isn't the same without him.
I guess I should get some sleep. I'm making a Mother's Day lunch for Mom and Aaron tomorrow (hence the cheese cake) and it requires a very focussed morning or who knows what poor Mom will be forced to ingest. Regardless, I know she'll eat it anyway and tell me it was delicious. That's just what Mom's do, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home