Thursday, March 29, 2007

fortune cookie mood monitor

At Jo’s birthday dinner at Dusit Thai, last night, I received a fortune cookie that said “You will be in a good mood tomorrow”. Would you believe that it actually came true? I’m in a super mood today.
However, I do feel a bit bad because Nicci called from work this morning to ask if I would grab her memory stick on the way out in order to email a file that she needed quite desperately for work today. When I got to work I tried to retrieve the files on my PC, unsuccessfully. Eventually, I went off to IT to request their help and one of the assistants did all that he could. After about 10 minutes he pulled the memory stick out of his PC, examined it and looked at me as if I was nuts. “Roxanne, this isn’t a memory stick – it’s a wireless LAN adaptor”. *blush* It seems I took the wrong ‘stick’ in my hurry to get out of the flat. There we were, me and the IT guy, both trying to get files out of the internet adaptor. Sorry Nix, I tried!
My manager just reprimanded me for eating chocolate so soon after lunch. I simply smiled and said it was an ‘after dinner mint’…only because I’m in such a good mood. Any other time, don’t come between me and my chocolate.
I just got a Facebook ‘friend request’ from Noddy McNoderson. This comes at a time suspiciously close to Bron, Liz and I using his name for practically every answer in our pub quiz. Perhaps he heard of our antics and wants to reprimand me for using his name in vain. Should I be worried that he’ll set Big Ears on me?
I intend to continue this good mood well into the evening as I tuck into a tub of Ben & Jerry’s and watch the Devil Wears Prada for the second time. Thanks goes out to Lovefilm for completely screwing up my priority list and sending me DVD’s at all the wrong times. You guys are great. And yes, I’m only saying that because I’m in such a good mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home