Thursday, March 15, 2007

did the sun forget my smile?

It has been a truly beautiful week here in London Town. The sun has been shining as if it were the middle of summer and despite my incapacity to feeling appreciative about anything this week, I’ve been able to put my own miseries aside long enough to marvel at the blessings. From a pay rise to tummy laughter at writing ‘Noddy’ for every answer that Liz, Bron and I couldn’t fathom in Tuesday’s pub quiz, to my wonderfully caring friends and lots of sleep….oh and good books!
I don’t have too much to report, except that all the rest seems to have left me even more tired than I usually am. My body isn’t happy that I’ve messed with its ‘night-owl’ patterns and as a result it has been waking me up at about 2am every morning as if to say, “Mess with me? Ha, take that!” So I lie there, wishing I could stop thinking for long enough to fall back into slumber and fighting it only draws the whole ordeal out further. Unsurprisingly, I’ve thought my life inside-out and back-to-front this week…it’s never good. Just leave things be. They’re great as they are. Now, if I could just tell my face…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home