Tuesday, February 27, 2007

totally wicked performance

I'm too excitable to write any crit that would do tonight's theatre experience any justice. Some may call "Wicked" a musical but I will call it a "magical". Dazzling lights, a score to match, costumes that fill each inch of the stage with colour and Adam Garcia in tights...what more do you want in a 2.5hr performance? Question is, how much can a theatre loving, actor wannabe, girl handle before she quits her job and pursues the carreer of her dreams. Okay, I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here, but sitting still in my seat tonight was torturous. Had I known the words to the songs I would have sung along (Julie and Gisela are surely grateful that I didn't).
Most shows make me want to get back onto the stage where I spent many years believing that I would make a career out of my passion. But as reality of adult life and my aversion to compromise my morals outweighed my motivation to pursue my dream I opted out of the arts and into a 9-5 routine. Tonight, I want to kick myself for not just getting on with it and finding a way to make a living out of, lets face it, being a bit of a drama queen.
Basically I loved, loved, LOVED it. I want to sing and dance and act and be up on that stage. Elphaba, the "Wicked Witch of the West", wasn't the only one who was green tonight. There was someone a little green in the audience too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home