Monday, February 26, 2007

jail-like office hours

I feel like a prisoner in my own workplace - shut off from the rest of the world. As my friends post friendly 'hellos' to each other on Facebook or the really cool one's update their MySpace pages, I'm left to stare at Outlook. It is now my only means of communication with the outside world during the work day.
Someone is watching. Someone has been tracking my every webpage view and ensuring that every site I frequent is blocked by the following week. Dorks! Have they nothing better to do with their time? Here's one - maybe someone could fix my PC that blew last week and has left me as office nomad.
It's bad enough to be at a desk for 7 hrs a day doing something that, at times, can cause me to actually lose braincells - so unused is my intellect that, come 5pm, I have forgotten how to string a sentence together thanks to a sever lack of brain activity.
I'd better get some sleep or my already bad work attitude may be significanlty worse when I have to walk into the office that makes me want to do one of those outrageous activities mentioned on an 'I dare you' email. I fear they have now run out of websites to block anyway, so things can only look up, right? This way, maybe I'll spend an entire day doing actual work. Huh, novel idea that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home