Monday, February 19, 2007

it’s getting hot in here

I tend to steer clear of topics about which I know little, in order to appear learned and hide the truth about how little I actually know about the world. All this talk of global warming, however, has pushed me to consider if I can afford to remain ignorant towards rising concern over this phenomenon. After reading this article this morning, I was shocked into realizing that, no matter what we do now, a polar cap meltdown is almost inevitable.
What have we done to the Earth?
It’s too late even to take precautions because we should have been doing that a long time ago.
I think that most of us are born with an in-built misconception that our individual lives have little global impact. Now we see that our ‘live in the now’ mindset may be the cause of large-sale destruction. Anyway, I don’t have too much to say on the matter. Only, if we manage to bypass the consequences, what sort of a world are we leaving to our children?
However, despite this seemingly hopeless state of affairs, do keep recycling so that Marks and Spencer can make you a nice jumper out of your plastic bottles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home