Monday, February 19, 2007

friday to monday in a flash

Now that I’ve offloaded the weight of today’s London attitude I feel unburdened enough to report on my weekend. Friday night was spent, largely, on my couch where Fox and I enjoyed some dinner (thank you Marks and Sparks), a DVD and Scrabble. Yay! to reclaiming my dignity and squaring the on-going Scrabble score at 1-1.
Saturday morning we invaded Carluccios, Putney Wharf, where I was totally blessed by friends who graced me with their presence at a birthday brunch (I realise it was almost a week late but I’ll refrain from griping about my self-inflicted schedule any further). I had a rare warm-and-fuzzy moment as I looked around at my various friends, chatting amongst themselves and pondered how each of them brings so much to my life; some who I’ve known for 18 years and others who have only been in my world for a few months. They’re all equally fantastic.
I won’t divulge much from my afternoon shopping trip with Fox. We’ve agreed to disagree about the enjoyment level of shopping. I love it. Enough said.
Saturday night was intended to consist of a chick-flick and an early night but, instead, we found ourselves down at the Jolly Gardener enjoying good company. I caught myself smacking my lips after each sip of scrumptious strawberry beer and after a pint I realised why the gardener was found to be jolly.
Sunday was a lazy day, contemplating the need for time-out. Church was great and eventually they had to kick us out where we meandered over to the café to serve smoothies and cakes. On reflection it really does seem like a balanced weekend so, why does Monday still come around too quickly? Hopefully Friday will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home