Friday, February 16, 2007

day of luuurve

At the risk of losing some readers (and friends) I won’t mention the V-day word, I’ll simply imply it. Still feeling a bit under the weather, post-Starbucks with Fox, I dragged myself to work - not through strength but, rather, stress. By 3pm I could no longer focus on anything for longer than 4 seconds and I was starting to feel drowsy. So, I stumbled over to Fox’s where I fell asleep on his bed while he worked, conscientiously, at his PC. Determined, once again, not to cancel plans, I insisted that he carry-out his surprise, which had already been postponed once. My perceptive boyfriend treated me to coffee and cake at Brompton Quarter Café which I have been eyeing for months. Their delectable cakes sit, enticingly, in the front window and every time I walk past I resolve to try them one day. It was a perfect treat and so as not to cause further decline to my health, we trudged back to my flat where we enjoyed ‘stir-fry a la Fox’ and Hoodwinked (that yodeling goat totally cracks me up). In my window sits a single red rose as a reminder that love deserves far more celebration than one day a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home