Wednesday, February 28, 2007

cute or kitsch?

A young vicar at church explained that having Cliff Richard on his IPod wasn’t necessarily cool but ironic. I’m going to pirate that statement in order to justify the fact that I’m wearing leg-warmers today. If my mother could see me now. No Ma, I can’t wear them two days in a row so that you can see them tomorrow. Once is only just avoiding a major fashion faux pax; twice and it’s trend suicide.
I can’t really decide if I’m that into them or not. Despite the fact that I look as if I was plucked straight from a performance of “Fame” and dropped at my desk, I still think it’s kitsch 80’s gone right. I mean, my legs really are very warm and the fact that they match my jumper is pleasing enough to the eye.
My only concern is that no one has commented. This may seem self involved but, if you knew my office, someone always comments. It’s a given. So, if no one has acknowledged the leg-warmers it can only mean one of two things:
a) I look like a freak and the general consensus is “What on earth was she thinking when she got dressed this morning?”
OR
b) The trend is so much my style that I don’t stand out like a sore thumb at all and no one has even noticed.
Either way, I’m comfy and for once my hair actually looks like I intended for it to be big rather than just the result of a war between myself and my locks first thing in the morning. I’m really a child of the 80’s at heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home