Thursday, January 25, 2007

when the world turns white

I know I haven’t written in a few days. I’ve been a little nose-out-of-joint over our newly stipulated ‘Communications Security Policy’ which detailed all the things which are now prohibited with regards to internet usage during the work day. So, as well as having a bit of a chip on my shoulder I’m also acutely aware that, as much as I may not always enjoy it, I need my job to survive.
Besides that I was overjoyed yesterday as I woke to a message from Jo that said, “It’s snowing!” I threw back my curtains to be greeted by trees and the little road outside my window just covered in fluffy snow. It was so beautiful! I ran to the lounge and lifted the (new) blinds and there too was a picturesque scene of winter as it should be. White, everywhere you looked!
Within minutes Ian was over at my flat driven from his own abode out of distaste for his own flatmates lack of enthusiasm at the sudden change in the weather. We sat drinking tea and admiring the view and then started the work day with the obligatory snow fight. No guesses as to who came out second best (just in case you were still giving me the benefit of the doubt I won’t elaborate).
It’s days like that which make all this miserable cold worth it. “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home