Monday, January 22, 2007

weekend wrap-up

It’s s-s-s-SOoooo cold here this morning. I thought my face would freeze off as I floated to work in my cuter-than-cute, newly purchased, pink and grey Converse but what relief as I sit here, typing this entry, all features in tact.
I’m feeling refreshed (and not just because it’s icy cold) thanks to a great weekend of catch-ups with girlfriends (eeeehh), shopping (ooooh), studying (uugghh) and lots of sleep (aaahhh). I feel so balanced – it’s rather stranger, as if I have become accustomed to permanently feeling disheveled.
Friday, I went over to Bron’s for a scrumptious dinner and a well overdue chat about life and growing up. Saturday saw me waking up at a criminal hour to meet Gaux for breakfast in the city, but the time together was well worth the lie-in deprivation. After which, I battled the crowds on Oxford Street to do a spot of post-payday splurging and for the first time…ever, I think…I left after about an hour and a half with little motivation and very few carry bags. I think all this determination to become money-savvy is actually sinking in and I fear my shopping habits may have been hit the hardest. Sunday I woke early (again!) to attend an early morning church service, simply for the novelty of it. Turns out I got the times completely wrong but, as I slipped into the earlier service, I recognized a couple of faces from PE. They’ve only been in London a week and I just knew that there was no coincidence in my sitting next to them under, somewhat, random circumstances. My afternoon coffee with ‘the ladies’, including one of my devoted blogees, Kirsty, was a great time of catching up on who’s doing what and who’s married now and who has the cutest baby (none of us!). I went home and much to my flatmate, Nicci’s delight, started to bake a carrot cake (too delicious to freeze, Nic, sorry) as she, laboriously, put up the new lounge blinds. At 11pm we sat in the lounge enjoying a pot of tea, munching carrot cake and admiring the newly fitted nosey-neighbour-blockers (what will they do for entertainment now?). A welcome call from Ian, just before midnight, on his return from Barcelona and my weekend was complete; wrapped up, cellotaped and tied up in a bow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home