Tuesday, January 30, 2007

time to emerge

I just needed a day or so to recover from my Sunday night cinema ‘trauma’ but now I’m ready to report back on my fantastic weekend. As we (‘we’ being Bron, Ian, Steve and myself) piled into the coach on Friday night and headed for the HTB Emerge ‘retreat’ in Chichester, we quickly established ourselves as the loudest people on the bus. Surprise…
Among the numerous girls VS boys activities, Bron and I competed against the smelly boys in Twister (boys won - thanks to Ian’s obvious physical advantage), crazy golf (girls won – 2 hole-in-ones – thank you very much), life-size Jenga (the girls may have caused the 39 level man-size tower to come crashing to the ground…) and scalectrix (I still had a lap to complete by the time everyone else had finished). From fantastic speakers like Pete Greig to the ‘point-and-laugh-at-how-silly-everyone-looks’ 80’s party to 5 of us crammed onto a double bed to watch 'Wild at Heart' and laugh at the exaggerated South African accents, the weekend was a great mix of relaxation, encouragement and good, old-fashioned fun.
The food was a little less than extravagant and I’ve said that I may arrange a stash of my own for when Fox and I return in a few weeks for the Alpha weekend but, other than that, a super weekend all round and just what I needed to throw me back into go-get-‘em mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home