Tuesday, January 02, 2007

new year, shmew year

It's 2007 and I'm still feeling disheveled from the aftermath of 2006. Resolutions are, to me, the epitome of all things cliché, on par with big weddings, typical girl behaviour and the notion that all Christian are religious. Instead, I set out things that I wish to achieve, call them ‘goals' and continue to pretend that I am opposed to all this New Year nonsense.
You can all look forward to more regular updates (I was recently reprimanded for going consecutive days with no new entries and leaving dedicated 9-5 readers with little entertainment) and I am gearing up to start dance classes, save more, drink less caffeine and not overload my schedule. My determination to be more focused during the work day has already been turned upside down simply by typing this entry and the number of minutes I have spent on personal calls today alone, so I’ll omit that from the aforementioned list.
I’m not sure what to expect from this year. Having seen the New Year in with a good bunch of friends and London’s impressive fireworks display from Waterloo Bridge I had the sense that it’s going to be a good one. Oh, okay, I’m just going to say it…Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home