Friday, January 12, 2007

if i could do it myself i would

Oh my goodness, I’m going to lose it any minute. This time of year is particularly stressful at work, as it is, due to ever looming due dates and a new launch which leaves me with a heavy load of responsibility. If everyone just worked with me and communicated properly there would be no problems and everything would be smooth sailing. BUT THEY DON’T!
After a wonderfully relaxed evening with my amazing boyfriend who is the best cure for stress (I could market him and make a fortune but there’s no way – he’s mine), I arrived at work feeling significantly calmer than I did yesterday. All good until the phone starts to ring, emails fill my inbox and people start making unrealistic demands. Where are the days when the customer was king; when a supplier would do all that they could to fulfill your requests even if it meant pitching a tent at work to complete the job?
As I spoke to one of my contacts earlier, I could feel my blood begin boil and a scream rising up inside of me just waiting to explode and spew out nasty obscenities at the person on the other end of the line. It’s bad enough that they don’t get the job done, but then to try and turn the tables and blame me for their incompetence? Unacceptable! And this coming from a company who I chose to support despite their lack of efficiency during the last launch. I’m such a sucker. These days you just can’t get the staff….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home