Tuesday, January 09, 2007

gourmet burger kitchen challenge

We met a couple of good friends of Fox’s last night and went for dinner at GBK, at their request. This place has some of the most amazing burgers you could ever sink your teeth into and my mouth just waters at the very mention of its name. However, a small downfall is that, no matter what burger I order or how hungry I am, I always end up leaving with my stomach experiencing beef ‘overindulgence’ cramps. But it just tastes so good; any logic which would dictate that you stop eating when you reach your limit is completely lost. I was tormented for ordering a standard issue cheese burger but, as boring as it seemed to the amateur, I knew that it would not disappoint. An hour later, having consumed majority of my burger, a token number of chips AND a GBK chocolate milkshake I felt suitably stuffed and walked out trying not to wince noticeably from the pain. “Just act cool. No one will notice that you are in fact a pathetic lightweight.” I’m convinced that those patties expand in your stomach to leave you feeling like you have, in fact, eaten an entire cow. Thank you Starbucks for your peppermint tea which is guaranteed to soothe any discomfort after just a few sips. Nevertheless, once the memory has faded and I am once more confident that I will not be defeated by a chunk of beef in a bun, I will return. Oh yes, I will return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home