Thursday, January 04, 2007

good song frou and frou

Having watched The Holiday (twice) during my holiday break I caught a snippet of a song which immediately elicited intense feelings of romance inside of me. On the side, the film is sweet and was particularly apt for the holiday season - enjoyably ‘Love Actually-esque’. Anyway, I did my usual post-film, Google based research to track down the aforementioned track and discovered it was not the first time I had heard it or that it had been used on a movie soundtrack. Previously used in Garden State (love that movie – love Zach Braff more), Frou Frou’s ‘Let Go’ is artistically versatile and leaves little doubt as to why it’s a cinematic favourite.
Naturally, I had to hear the rest of her stuff and have spent the last few days enjoying the varied sound of this indie-pop artist. The album is easy listening and I’ll go out on a limb and say that it has a little bit of something for everyone’s taste. The album is pretty old in terms of release date so it’s quite possible that I’ve just been in the dark and she’s actually rather mainstream. But I like to think that I am capable of discovering musical gems, on the odd occasion, so if that is the case at least watch the movie so that I can feel like I’ve enlightened you to some extent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home