Thursday, January 18, 2007

all that's happening

This week has really been happening. Not like, “Yo, yo, my life is so happening, yeah”, but more in terms of occurrences.
Turns out that the visa fee which resulted in a panicky call to the bank, earlier in the week and which landed me deeper in debt than when I first called had already gone through and I actually had way more funds than I first anticipated. I called the bank all for nothing! Is the expression ‘I bet they’re smiling all the way from here to the bank’ still applicable in this case?
On the up side, my finances are now well in order and I received my passport back from the embassy this morning (it only took 2 days!), complete with visa and the right to live in Australia, indefinitely, should I wish to return.
Last night was the first Alpha night of the new term. Fox and I decided to give it another try, together, considering neither of us had great experiences the first time around. Although we ended up in our group in a slightly roundabout way (largely due to us over-spiritualising the whole thing), they are a really great bunch and we spent a large part of the evening having a laugh. I’m really looking forward to the next 10 weeks!
On a very frustrating note, our online email access has been blocked for most of the work day which means that I can’t check hotmail. I’m not sure which other sites have been restricted and as of yet, have been too scared to try blogger.com any other time than at lunch time incase my worst fears are realised and I cannot air my daily views whenever I feel the urge. They can restrict people communicating with me but, rest assured, I will find a way to reach my peeps.
I’m due to go for my lunchtime walk but at the risk of blowing all the way across to Europe I might stay indoors and enjoy my 1 hour of unrestricted internet access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home