Tuesday, December 05, 2006

silent night

It's late - midnight to be more precise. I should be in bed trying to catch up on sleep that I lost out on last night. My eyes feel heavy and focussing on the screen is making them burn but I'm just trying to prolong what pleasure I find in the silence, when the rest of the world seems to be asleep, though I know this is never the case in London. I can actually hear the sound of my own breathing, the world around me is that quiet. I feel like I should be reflecting on something but I fear I may never sleep if I let my mind digress. So I simply sit here and enjoy the comfort of my couch, in my flat which I love and gaze out the big bay windows into the apartments across the drive where I'm not surprised to witness little of anything. The most I allow my mind to ponder is thoughts of the people I love and where they are and if they too are happy. I pray that they are.
Sometimes the world just seems so right. Tonight, even if only for these brief moments, it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home