Friday, November 17, 2006

not bored, never bored

I don’t really have anything to write about but, my workload has petered out and I loathe the idea of sitting at my desk sans stimulation. It’s a Friday afternoon and I find I am already in weekend mode, possibly due to my attire, which is a combination of jeans and Converse - not really a look that is conducive to professionalism, I’m forced to admit. I’ve used the last couple of hours dabbling in various admin tasks, both work-orientated and personal, so my expected productivity level has been satisfied for the week.
What to do, what to do……
I was recently challenged by the notion that most people don’t know how to do nothing. This to me, although I can appreciate the value and significance, is a wild idea. How can I sit and do nothing when there is just so much to do and only one lifetime in which to do it?! I fear it is this attitude that will eventually drive me to madness and force me into recovery in some tranquil establishment where I am forced to sit in a cane chair in a lovingly kept garden and play chess (note to self: really must get around to buying that ‘Chess for Dummies’ book). These days I have to work hard at convincing myself that I actually still enjoy my own company, never mind being alone AND doing nothing. Eek!
I’m not bored. The moment I profess that I am bored I am admitting that I am restricted so much by my surroundings that I cannot use my time for the very things that I deem important. In today’s ‘free society’ that is a crime worse than boredom itself. Enough! This is all too deep for Friday ramblings, if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home