Friday, November 24, 2006

happy anniversary

It’s hard to believe that Ian and I have been together a year. People say that so often that you’d think by now we would have come to terms with the fact that time moves quickly but, no, it’s still puzzling.
We celebrated in true London style. Our evening commenced at the Elk Bar where we scored free nachos. It was going to be a good night.
Fox’s restaurant of choice was Sugar Hut, which, I’m convinced is a celebrity hang-out. The moody lighting, delicious menu (not the menu itself – you can’t actually eat that) and classy, yet comfortable, bar area are all attributes which are tasteful and pleasing and we unanimously decided, that it is our new favourite restaurant in London.
As Fox kept me guessing all evening, we tubed into Central London and found ourselves at St Arbucks, where we first met (aah). The real surprise was a booking for 2 at the London Abslout Icebar, a venue made completely from ice. Even the glasses are made from exclusive Scandinavian ice. Hence, freezing cold! By the end of our hour-long stint I could no longer feel my fingers, despite a futuristic-look fur ensemble and bear gloves. But it was still vastly enjoyable – I may have been cold on the outside but my heart felt warm (sorry, I just couldn’t resist!).
It was a truly fantastic evening, suitably apt in celebration of a wonderful year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Hey you,
Long time.. Happy Anniversary !
Luv,
B

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home