Wednesday, November 15, 2006

do what you wanna do

I’m feeling inspired, once again. Perhaps it’s the unexpected warmth of this November day in London; the blue sky as I walked to work and watched the world hurry by in auto-pilot, to start another routine day in the Capital.
I smiled to myself as I observed passers-by this morning. I tried to read their faces as they approached their day. Many offered blank expressions but, sadly, most looked rather unimpressed by the prospect of whatever activities awaited them.
Imagine a world where everyone was doing exactly what they wanted to; individuals living in fulfilled purpose. I think the sea of faces would convey a very different approach. It is a confronting reality that most people are living half a life. Have we just accepted our lot in life and settled for whatever gets thrown our way?
Call it restlessness, ambition or quarter-life crisis but, I know there is more. I don’t just feel it, I know it. I appreciate the value in waiting but, I also feel that there are times when waiting for things to happen is just an excuse not to get rejected or disappointed.
This is all a little deeper than I’m actually feeling today. I’m not even sure where it all came from but, there you go.
Would you do something for me this week? Decide on something that you really want to do and just do it (and then post a comment)! I think we just need the odd reminder than life is meant to be enjoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home