Monday, November 13, 2006

back and feeling sturdy

I’ve been told by a certain devoted reader that, if I don’t start blogging again soon, they will stop reading. I’m sorry for being so quiet! Please don’t stop reading! It’s just that, lately, I have become somewhat settled. This has been a daunting realisation and has left me feeling a bit perplexed.
It has been a long time since I had a proper home. For so many years I have flitted from country to country with little regard of where life was actually taking me and now I’m here, at this point, with no prospect of going anywhere. Although strange, I know this is a good thing. I enjoy my life, even if it seems to overwhelm me from time to time.
Take this weekend for instance; I’m amazed at how much you can pack into a couple of days and still feel like you had a rest because your foundation is stable. I saw 2 movies, did my assignment, spent quality time with Fox, sat in Starbucks for 3 hours with Bron, had a pint of strawberry beer with Jo (okay I had it before you got there, Jo) and Erica, caught up with family around the world, went for a walk and had lunch and coffee along the Thames, went to church and still managed to have a mammoth lie in on Saturday morning. PHEW! It takes more energy just writing about it.
After a year of relative frenzy, I finally feel like I’m back in that place where it’s time to start giving out again. I never want to take the blessing of continual support from my loved ones for granted when life is renowned for throwing frequent curve balls. But God allows us to be strong for the times when those around us seem to need it the most. I learned, this weekend, that time is simply not an issue when you put your own agenda aside long enough to put God’s will first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home