Monday, October 23, 2006

weekend is history

All glammed up and ready for John Mayer tonight, I managed to start my day by missing my mouth and pouring coffee onto my crisp, white t-shirt. This due to an in-depth discussion, with a colleague, on the true history of Marie Antoinette, induced by my revealing that I had watched the film last night; an artsy fest of colour and vibrancy, coupled with a trendy soundtrack and modern quirks. As for the rest of it – what rubbish. I was put-off from the outset by half of the Austrians having British accents, the French being British and American and the Swedish sounding Scottish. Ugh, at the very least, pick an accent! Kirsten Dunst’s (Madame Antoinette) inability to produce even one tear, during a crying scene, was more painful to watch than the emotion which it was intended to prompt. All that aside, it was a good piece of cinematography from a creative point of view and a production constructed straight out of its director’s imagination.
Other than that, I had a mandatory relaxing weekend. Ready to crack, I double-locked myself up in my flat and caught up on the life I seem to have left behind in the mayhem of everyday activities. Huddled under my duvet after a scrumptious oriental chicken dinner, (which I had to stir-fry in pots thanks to my flatmate’s weekend retreat and the need to take majority of the cookware) I settled in to watch Spanglish which far outweighed all expectations and left me with the feel-good factor that I so desperately needed after a long week. When I left for church, yesterday afternoon, all my clothes and my bedding were clean, I could see my bedroom floor (it’s green – who knew?!) and the whole flat was sparkling. I can’t say I was ready to face the week when I woke up this morning (that would take a miracle) but, I do feel refreshed and I’m unwavering in my stand against busy-ness this week. Oh, to dwell on the prospect of ‘me’ nights…what essential bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home