Tuesday, October 24, 2006

john more than rocks

Last night was the much anticipated John Mayer concert. I love John! I love John! I love…! *cough*
Yeah, so I really enjoyed it. He is a phenomenal musician and what I appreciate about his concerts (yes, I’ve seen him 4 times now) is how he disregards this unwritten prerequisite for artists to play songs as they are on the album but, instead, improvises his way through the entire 1.5hrs.
I was mesmerized. We all were. As he breathed lyrics into the microphone and the sound of his guitars (we counted 28 on stage) resonated throughout The Forum I just disappeared into the music.
Barr for the bouncing Johnny-lover in front of us, the show was perfect.
I don’t think I will ever tire of watching John in action. As his style matures and his stage presence is consistently captivating, I will always be a devoted fan (not a groupie, just a fan).
(note: I love my boyfriend more than I love John...just wanted to clarify)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home