Tuesday, October 10, 2006

fairly comprehensive lowdown

I FINALLY submitted my second journalism assignment yesterday. It felt so good after procrastinating over it for more than 2 months – shocking! I basically told my tutor that I had done a lot of research and my conclusion was that I have no intention of writing insubstantial articles for glossy magazines which fill the heads of young women with trash. Let’s hope he understands how that could have taken me 2 months to conclude.

Bron and I got these movie cards that allow us to watch as many movies in a month as we want - the perfect winter gimmick. So we watched both Hoodwinked and Click on Friday night just because we could. I left feeling uplifted thanks to good company and a yodeling goat.

In other news, I missed a call from my brother last night. When I called back an hour later, the circumstances which led him to ring me had calmed and when I questioned if everything was alright he responded by saying, “I’m fine. Mom wasn’t but she is now.”
A teary Mom took the phone and proceeded to explain that the drama was initiated by the death of Desiree, the hamster. My brother didn’t seem too phased by the death of one of the household pets, named after my sister and I (the appropriateness of which I have questioned a number of times). Apparently, Aaron spectated through the window while talking to his friend on the phone as Mom dug a hamster size grave, said a little prayer and sorrowfully laid Desiree, the hamster, to rest. It’s okay Mom, boys are so cold sometimes – I would have cried too.

Ian is going on a gorilla safari in Africa on Friday. I’m going to miss him so much! Briggs, stop retching. To console myself I have planned plenty of Ben and Jerry, DVD evenings. Added bonus is that I get an early start on my winter insulation.

Both Bron and Jo are moving South-West (ie. into my ‘hood’). How exciting! No more trekking across town (or between towns for Jo) for a coffee - now we can just meet locally. My plan is working…soon I will never have to leave Putney. I’ll become known as ‘that girl from Putney’. Anything north of the river will cease to have relevance as I insist that the world must come to me. *poof* Okay, okay, I’m awake.

That’ll do. I think you have enough insight to make you feel like we’ve had a personal catch up. If not, how much detail do you want?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sare said...

That was an awesome catch up coffee.. Loved it.

And nothing wrong with being 'the Putney girl' I lived and worked, shopped, socialized, did banking and got hair cuts in Putney for 8 months. Lucky church was at the dominion otherwise I might never have left!

And yay that Bron has come away from the dark side. Very good news indeed.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

lol....I am way too over excited about this move to the south. Going to be the highlight of the year....woohoo

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home