Friday, September 22, 2006

so much heart in my city home

I’m sitting here feeling partially thoughtful, mostly just lethargic. Week in and week out it’s the same thing. I fill my evenings with gatherings and various activities and by the time Thursday comes around I’m reflecting on how I haven’t had two minutes to myself and aware that the weekend is already a blur of social activity. I’ve often thought that, perhaps, I just don’t know how to handle London; how I consistently let it overwhelm me with its chaotic existence. But I’ve watched as others seem to fall short in its clutches, not stopping to rest until exhaustion starts to manifest itself in various ways. There are people everywhere; the roads are never quiet; there’s always someplace to be or something to do and to find a solitary spot is true gold at the rainbow’s end.
Yet, having said all this, there is something captivating here that keeps me satisfied. I like to think that London is the capital of the world. What opportunity does it not offer? Perhaps my opinion is arrogant but this place has my heart in so many ways. It is here that I love and hope and the thought of leaving, that so often crosses my mind, still stirs a premature longing that I am not ready to face. This place can make you feel so many things all at once. What a joy to call it home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home