Wednesday, September 27, 2006

no blues this year

I know it’s a bit premature but, in a twisted sort of way, I’m kind of looking forward to winter. It feels like summer is over all too soon and once again I am walking to work enjoying the crispness of autumn mornings. As a measure towards self-preservation I know I need to get my attitude right before the air turns icy and I fall into a pit of despair over a permanently sunless sky.
So, instead of making my list of ‘reasons to enjoy winter’ to lift myself out of gloom, here it is early to serve as prevention from the winter blues.

  • I excitedly anticipate snow for 6 months and then make puny snow angels when it falls for approximately 5 min around New Year
  • I can pretend I’m a smoker as I watch my breathe freeze when it leaves my body
  • Nights in are best spent eating a hearty dinner and cuddling under the duvet watching a DVD
  • I get to borrow Ian’s jumpers to walk home in when I’ve foolishly left the house without one and subsequently drown in rolls of excess cotton and fleece
  • This year I HAVE to go ice-skating outdoors at Somerset House. Are we actually gong to do it this year, Bron?
  • I get to wear hats. I love hats, I do, I do!
  • Any extra kilos are hidden under many layers of clothing and can easily go undiscovered until the first days of summer when I start to panic about winter indulgences
  • Winter means Christmas in the UK and I love the holiday atmosphere when London becomes friendly for about a week and then everything goes back to normal
  • Starbucks changes their menu and there are about 5 new versions of hot chocolate – yum! I think Jo has probably tried them all already.
  • I really want to go skiing.

That should do me for now. Last seasons winter coat has got to go so it means an excuse to go shopping. Love shopping, love new coats, already love winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bron said...

I hereby promise to go ice-skating at somerset house....infact lets book today!!!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home