Wednesday, September 20, 2006

kidnapped by leprechauns

Okay, I wasn’t really, but that would have been fun. I’m not convinced I would have defended myself successfully either as I know they’re not very big but, neither am I. Anyway, enough of that.
Ireland was just grand. We had a fabulous time on the Paddywagon with a couple of guides who entertained us with Irish humour. As we bounced around tiny country roads at high speeds (no one told Ireland that roads have advanced since the 1800’s) we enjoyed informative stories of the nation’s vast history and scenery of rolling hills and immense farmlands.
I realised that I’m not really into the whole share-dorm hostel idea. People smell and snore and seriously, is a decent shower just too much to ask? Our fellow travelers were an interesting lot but, we did meet a couple of great people and learned a few things about their respective countries. Everyone has a story. All want to see the world for different reasons.
The highlight for me was a fresh morning walk that Ian and I took through Killarney National Park. While the rest were recovering from hangovers, we snuck out and walked to Ross Castle and witnessed it’s grandeur as the sun rose on the river behind it, shining radiantly from the morning light; all this as the rest of the world slept, it seemed.
In short, our trip to Ireland was the crack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home