Friday, August 25, 2006

stress not worth the hassle

This week has been so hectic at work. I’ve been leaving at 17:00 everyday with my stomach in knots and my blood pressure shooting to dangerously high levels. I remember the days when this sort of stress used to be my way of life but, as an adult, I’ve learned to just relax and take things a little more in my stride. Some may not believe me – they should have met me 6 years ago.
Spurring further anxiety has been the blasé attitude conveyed by those with whom I rely on to get my work carried out. I have one of those infuriating desk jobs whereby I get to click my mouse and then trust that whoever’s responsibility it is to action my request, cares as much about the job as I do. Clearly they don’t.
This week has reminded me how toxic stress is to my system: stomach cramps, indigestion, butterflies and breakouts. The task at hand seemed too much for my poor, overworked Vitamin B tablets as my stressing successfully counteracted every claim on the bottle’s label.
But Friday has arrived through a haze of irate phone-calls (I can be so tough when I want to!) and plenty of caffeine (note to self: chocolate and coffee are stress inducing, not reducing). I get to look forward to a 3-day weekend (thank you banks of England) spent in the company of my wonderful boyfriend and close friends, a day-trip to Canterbury, another to Legoland and sleep…....if there’s time..….no, I’ll MAKE time.

‘This thing called life (sometimes) I just can't handle it, this thing called life I must get round to it, I ain't ready...Crazy little thing called….LIFE’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home