Tuesday, August 29, 2006

devious bank gets no credit from me

A confessed shop-a-holic since the day I received my first real paycheck, I’ve finally had to admit that I haven’t been the most conscientious when it comes to my finances. However, in my defence, I have resolved to become money-savvy once and for all and after a few setbacks, am now on my way to financial wellbeing.
After a call from my bank today, I was faced with the harsh realities of a ruthless system whereby your bank tries to coax you into financial despair, otherwise known as debt. The benefit to them? You spend the rest of your life trying to free yourself from the hole you have dug and they earn about £1,000,000 interest from your irresponsibility!
I was telephoned by a lovely lady, called Wendy, who very thoughtfully offered me an unbelievably high personal loan and informed that their credit card is 0% interest on purchases for the next 9 months and was I interested?
Am I interested?? Of course I am! Do you know how many pairs of shoes I can buy with a limit like that? Palm trees and Pina Coladas flashed before my eyes as my dream of a year long holiday of island hopping flashed before me and suddenly became a possibility.
*pop* And just as quickly I was back to reality, sitting in the stairwell next to my office, fighting the urge to tell Wendy where to shove her generous offer and thus saving thousands of ignorant consumers from the lure of ‘free-money’.
My dear Wendy, do you know how easy it is to be fooled by money you don’t actually have? Unfortunately for you, I do!
So thank you for the offer and yes, I do know Christmas is just around the corner and that credit card would be very useful. But this girl learned the hard way and she’d rather dress up as Mother Claus and surround herself with elves and screaming children, in the middle of Debenhams, for the entire holiday period than flash your deceiving piece of plastic.
Have a good day. Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home