Wednesday, July 12, 2006

storms dont last

I can see the whole sky today. Pastel blue encloses the world in a hug of tranquility and there isn’t a cloud in sight. For some it may be the calm before the storm, but for me it’s really the reverse. The sun is shining and I’m told that this is what we can expect for the rest of the week.
Today the weight of the world is weighing less heavily on my shoulders and I’m no longer disheveled by the squall in my head. Conditions have been destructive for the last few weeks but like any storm the bad weather passes and you’re left to clean up the mess and then continue life as per usual. However, not all bad, there follows a time of fresh beginnings where the old has been shaken and destroyed; a time of clarity when rationality shines through uninhibited by chaos and confusion. Perhaps a little deeper than the characteristic light-hearted nature of most entries, there are times when I feel the need to record a fleeting moment of suffering as a reminder that I too, as much as the thought may distress me, am human.
I fear that I am becoming more English than I am willing to admit; already I talk about the weather more than is necessary but now I’m found to be comparing my sentiments to climatic conditions. Am I bov-ered?? Nope, ‘cause today life’s a beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home